If you think that Mammoth Lakes, CA, is only a wintertime destination, think again! Summer in particular here in Mammoth is splendid – warm and sunny – and there are a wide range of fantastic activities and events to experience during the summer and fall months. And Alpenhof Lodge places you right in the heart of the action!
Explore our list of summer and fall attractions below, and let us know if you’d like more information.
Places of Interest
Yosemite National Park & Tioga Pass Road
Part of Yosemite National Park, the Tioga Pass Road is approximately 25 miles north of Mammoth, and takes about two hours, each way, to drive. It’s the highest highway pass in California at 9,943 feet. This mountainous road is heavy on curves and offers breathtaking vistas of alpine lakes, scenic meadows, and views from Olmstead Point. Tioga Pass is closed during the winter season, but accessable once the snow is cleared during the Spring, Summer and Fall months. Opening and closing dates are weather dependant.
Yosemite National Park Entrance Fee: $20 per car or $10 if arriving by foot, horseback, bicycle, motorcycle, or non commecial bus (free for those under the age of 15) Click here for more information about the Fee's & Reservations .
Phone: (801) 559-4884
Devil’s Postpile National Monument
Bodie State Historic Park
Located 55 miles north of Mammoth, this ghost town has been preserved the way it was left; it provides a fascinating insight into its days as a mining town of 10,000 residents. It’s open year-round, but check road conditions before visiting (snow during the winter months may mean the road is only accessible by snowmobile).
Mammoth Food & Wine Experience
Mammoth Brewing Co. & Mammoth Festival of Beers
MBC has been brewing award-winning beers since 1995. They brew in thier Lake Mary Road brew house and the Tasting Room is just steps away from the Alpenhof property at the corner of Main Street and Minaret Road. Sample the diverse beers plus a few custom brews if they're on hand! They also sell beer to go (including growler fills) and MBC merchandise. The Tasting Room is open daily 10-6.
The Mammoth Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza is the biggest event of the summer. Held the first weekend in August, this is an event you don't want to miss! Great blues musicians and over 80 microbreweries are on hand for this festival. Check out their website http://mammothbluesbrewsfest.com for more info!
Mammoth Mountain Bike Park
Snowcreek Golf Course and Sierra Star Golf Course
- Mammoth Motocross - June 19-28, 2015
- Mammoth Food & Wine Experience - June 26-27, 2015
- Fourth of July
- Footloose Freedom Mile - July 4, 2015
- June Lake Triathlon - July 11, 2015
- USA Cycling, Mountain Bike National Championships - July 14-19, 2015
- Mammoth Lakes Music Festival - July -August 2015
- Villagefest - July 24-26, 2015
- Kids Fishing Festival
- Mammoth Festival of Beers & Bluesapalooza - July 30-August 2, 2015
- Mammoth Margarita Festival - August 2015
- Mammoth Wine Weekend - August 13-16, 2015
- Mammoth Rocks, Taste of the Sierra - August 21-22, 2015
- Mammoth Reggae Festival - August 28-29, 2015
- Labor Day Festival
- Mammoth Rock N Rye - September 4-6, 2015 www.mammothrocknrye.com
- High Sierra Fall Century and Gran Fondo - September 2015
- Mammoth Kamikaze Bike Games - September 24-27, 2015
- visit: www.visitmammoth.com for more event info