Founded as a mining town in the late nineteenth century, today Mammoth Lakes and is known as one of the country’s best destinations for winter activities – skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling – as well as a wide range of cultural attractions that will delight visitors of all ages.
We’ve listed some of the area’s more popular winter and spring activities and attractions below. If you’d like additional information about these or other events and things to do, please don’t hesitate to ask our hotel staff!
Places of Interest
Places of Interest
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area
No visit to Mammoth Lakes is complete without spending time at Mammoth Mountain! Arguably the area’s top tourist destination, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is a world-class ski resort, offering 3,500 acres of skiable terrain. It benefits from the area’s heavy snowfall in winter, and features runs for downhill and cross-country skiers of every skill level.
Snowboarding, snowmobiling, dogsledding, and individual and group lessons are available here as well.
Village at Mammoth
Mammoth Brewing Company
MBC has been brewing award-winning beers since 1995. They brew in thier Lake Mary Road brew house and the Tasting Room is just steps away from the Alpenhof property at the corner of Main Street and Minaret Road. Sample the diverse beers plus a few custom brews if they're on hand! They also sell beer to go (including growler fills) and MBC merchandise. The Tasting Room is open daily.
Dubbed “the Switzerland of California”, the community of June Lake, including June Mountain Ski Resort, offers a range of fun wintertime activities, including skiing, snowboarding, ice climbing, ice-skating, snowshoeing, and winter mountaineering. In the spring, enjoy hiking and cycling along the area’s many paths.
- November 5, 2015 - Mammoth Mountain Ski Area OPENING DAY!!!
- Mammoth Mountain Night of Lights - December 19, 2015
- Volcom Peanut Butter & Rail Jam Qualifiers - January 2016
- Sprint Grand Prix - January 17-24, 2016
- US Revolution Tour - January 24-29, 2016
- Elevation Mammoth - March 16-20, 2016
- 9th Annual Winter Biathlon - March 18-20, 2016
- Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra Spring Expo - April 2, 2016
- Mammoth Invitational - April 7-10, 2016
- The Annual Pond Skim at Mammoth - April 17, 2016
- Volcom Peanut Butter & Rail Jam Championships - April 23, 2016
- Mono County Fishing Opener - April 30, 2016